Sanctioned by the Church, the Devotion to the Mother of Sorrows can be found below. The Sorrows are followed by the Graces.
The Seven Sorrows of Our Blessed Mother
Sorrow 1: The prophecy of Simeon
Sorrow 2: The flight into Egypt
Sorrow 3: The loss of the Child Jesus in the temple
Sorrow 4: The meeting of Jesus and Mary on the Way of the Cross
Sorrow 5: The Crucifixion
Sorrow 6: The taking down of the Body of Jesus from the Cross
Sorrow 7: The burial of Jesus
According to St. Bridget of Sweden (1303-1373), these graces are granted to the souls who honor her daily by meditating on each sorrow and praying a Hail Mary for each sorrow.
1. I will grant peace to their families.
2. They will be enlightened about the Divine mysteries.
3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
4. I will give them as much as they ask for, as long as it does not oppose the Adorable Will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they will see the face of their mother.
7. I have obtained (this grace) from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.